Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 3 - No more hotel beds

After finishing supper last night, I went back to the jacuzzi, hoping some of the young kids that were splashing and making noise had left. They had, but it was pretty crowded with grownups. They made room for me, but the kids playing seemed to have taken its toll on the jacuzzi. The water was not very warm and was about 6-8 inches too low so I couldn't get any jets with pressure on my back. I sat in there for awhile and everyone left and I was able to move around and get my leg muscles to relax a bit.

I decided to sleep in today and didn't get out of bed till 7. An hour later, after breakfast and packing, I gassed up and headed out. The climb just outside of town quickly brought me to 7000 feet, a far cry from below sea level yesterday. It was also very cool and I came close to thinking about putting on another layer of clothes. I knew it would pass as soon as the sun climbed a little more. It did warm up a bit, but it warmed up to a perfect riding temperature.

I found my campground, checked in and set up my tent before heading out in search of lunch. As you can see, the area around my campground is beautiful.





After lunch, I'm looking for a bird sanctuary that should have some birds willing to pose and add to my small collection of bird photos. Stay tuned till tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice comfortable campsite. Where is the trailer with air conditioning, hammock and cold beer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. trailers are a few spaces down from me.
    air conditioning is not needed here.
    Cold beer is 5 min away in the little town (pop ~300) on the lake.

    A hammock would be nice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is appreciated!